Mckinsol is recognized for its expertise in Java development, and utilizes the following technologies:
- J2EE - Mckinsol actively develops web-applications using various application servers and web-containers. The most frequently used ones are Tomcat and JBoss.
- Separation of business logic from the presentation level - All Java web-applications developed by Mckinsol are based on cutting edge technologies, such as JSF/Struts/JSTL and Velocity. Their usage allows avoiding excessive reliance on java-code in JSP pages and to separate business logic from the presentation level. Apart from that, we use an extensive home-developed frameworks and custom-tag library created in the manner of JSTL (with the standardized attributes and expression language support).
- Internationalization - Mckinsol has developed a convenient interface internationalization mechanism that can be used for existing projects and for tracking interface changes in project support tasks. In addition to foreign language support, this framework contains utilities allowing the end user to work in his/her own time zone and currency (with automatic currency converting).
- XML, XSL, XSL-FO - Mckinsol is an expert in XML and XSL. A good example of utilizing XML and XSL is production of PDF-formatted reports using the XSL-FO open standard and its open-source adaptation Apache FOP (http://xml.apache.org/fop/).
- JDBC, SQL server (Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL, PostgeSQL) - It's hard to imagine a complicated application which doesn't use an enterprise database. Mckinsol has worked with different DBMSes - from MySQL and PostgeSQL, to Oracle and MS SQL. For these databases Mckinsol had developed special classes with APIs for common operations (such as page output, inserting and updating records), taking into account the databases' special features and types and optimizing them accordingly.
- Hibernate - Hibernate is one of the major Open Source projects that greatly facilitates mapping of business objects to DB structures. Using this library provides a significant reduction of time needed for the development of code for DB interaction, lowers the risks of errors, and simplifies porting an application to other SQL dialects. Mckinsol actively uses Hibernate to reduce development costs, and participates in the development of this project itself when required for customer's needs.
- J2ME - This platform provides a convenient and flexible environment for applications running on hand held devices such as mobile phones or PDAs. Among other applications, Mckinsol has developed mobile security solutions for cell phones.
Our .NET technology expertise hails from
- Retail Domain Leaders - Core Competency Subject Matter Experts
- Extensive & skilled development experience on Microsoft .NET framework
- Enterprise solution development for smarter inventory management, POS system and B2B,B2C, C2C solution development
- Proven .NET development experience
- Proven Web 2.0 Development Skills - As a low cost provider
- Open Source Leadership - Powerful systems can be designed truly from a high performance / low cost standard
- Business Intelligence /Consulting approach - dedicated consultants to work with the client to help implement and mould his/her ideas into end results.