Today customers manage their vertical fashion companies as two different business processes — design, develop, buy and sell to wholesale customers and to customers through their own retail channels — using two different SAP systems. Both systems use different data models and concepts and are integrated through data interfaces.
SAP Fashion Management is an integrated solution to bring the processes for vertical fashion companies into one system. This solution enables them to manage their business processes across one large data system landscape. It also enables the companies in the fashion industry to use the power of in-memory computing to analyze large data volumes for a fast and accurate overview of products. This results in greater efficiency, quicker time to market, and better inventory control.
SAP Fashion Management aims at harmonizing the following processes:
- Master data concepts for articles
- Planning and Procurement
- Inventory Management
- ATP or Re-Scheduling and Allocation Run
The solution provides the following features:
- Flexible data processing: The solution supports companies to handle accurate end-to-end flow of material across all relevant procurement applications. It also enables data processing based on the characteristic values such as style, color, size, and season, and other flexible segmentation characteristics such as seasons, sales channels, and so on.
- Segmentation: The solution allows you to categorize materials or articles based on their physical and logical characteristics. For example, color and size are physical characteristics of a fashion article, quality and country of origin are logical characteristics of a fashion article. Requirement segment is important in sales, for example in sales orders and planned independent requirements. Stock segments are used for the logical distribution of the existing physical stock and the future receipts or procurement proposals, such as purchase requisitions.
- Multichannel planning: You can forecast future demand and procure supplies for multiple sales channels. You can also manage the demand of different channels separately, for example retail, wholesale, e-commerce, or franchise, according to the channel-specific processes. MRP on HANA now supports materials (articles in Retail) with segmentation. For materials with segmentation, the system executes the MRP processes based on the rules defined in the segmentation strategy. MRP run happens at the variant level of the generic article. As a result, separate documents (purchase requisitions) are created for each of the variant belonging to the same generic article to fulfill the open requirements at variant level. And the planner or user must spend lot of time checking or going through multiple documents for variants belonging to the same generic article. You can enable grouping of purchase requisition functionality, and during the MRP run the system groups the variants belonging to same generic article into a single document based on the certain criteria.
- ATP with segmentation: With advanced methods of requirement segmentation and availability check, you can ensure that high priority channels receive their planned quantities even if their demand is delayed.